Abigail has over 20 years' experience of managing HR and change projects, is British Psychological Society accredited in psychometric testing, Prince II qualified and a member of the Association for Business Psychology and the Association for Project Management. Her background in HR Project implementation, coupled with practical hands-on experience makes her particularly skilled at advising and supporting her clients in the assessment and development of their people and their organisations as a whole.
Abigail's previous experience heading up the GFB Operations team make her well placed to consider the wider practical implementation requirements of change projects as well as consultancy requirements and best practice recommendations. Her primary interest is to help clients understand the information they need to select, develop and retain the best people for their organisation and deliver projects that really work. Her consultative approach combined with her detailed experience of the implementation of larger scale change and research projects helps her to quickly understand the issues faced by her clients.
Abigail is a British and Commonwealth judo master's gold medallist and is currently on the British Judo Masters Squad. She is also a keen runner and has recently run the Paris Marathon, the Isle of Wight Ultra, the Atlantic Coast Ultra and has more challenges planned.
Abigail lives on a farm in rural south Oxfordshire with her husband and 2 daughters where they provide livery services for horses and respite for adults with learning difficulties.
Abigail has overseen the most strategic projects for GFB - and for our clients, implementing and overseeing 1000s of projects since she first joined in 2004. Most recently she has:
- Managed the implementation of a global talent pool of 500+ senior leaders for a global financial services organisation involving running development events and follow up activities in London, India, Hong Kong and Chicago.
- Identified what good looks like and managed the recruitment and selection of a pool of new senior directors for an organisation undergoing extensive change.
- Designed and delivered the high potential selection and development programmes for the senior sales team of a leading telecommunications provider.
- Provided advice and expertise on assessment technologies to a magic circle law firm, advising on testing, tools and recruitment processes.
Alongside project work Abigail is focused on driving GFBs tools and approach forward to meet the changing needs of business. Recent areas of focus include the review of Emotional Intelligence vs Intellect in the performance of leaders; assessing alternative 360 feedback approaches for individuals and organisations and the assessment and recommendations alternative forms of online assessments and gamification.
Education and qualifications
- British Psychological Society Accredited
- BA (Hons) (first class) in Economics and Social Policy awarded by the University of Leeds
- Member of the Association for Project Management (APM)
- Qualified PRINCE2 practitioner
- Member of the Association for Business Psychology