Chartered Occupational Psychologist
Katherine's early background in customer facing roles in retail and IT service management gave her a good taste of different management styles and how great managers bring out the very best in their people. Her current role as a Business Psychologist was inspired by those early experiences. Undertaking an MSc in Occupational Psychology and gaining chartered status enabled her to link theory with practice and she now enjoys working with organisations to help them get the best from their people and individuals to maximise their capabilities and get the most from their working life.
Katherine's area of expertise is behavioural change; linking this with the strategic and operational changes that an organisation might be going through. The interventions she designs are engaging and motivating to ensure buy-in; they are practical and encourage opportunity for practice and reflection. They take into account the attributes that help people to cope with change, such as resilience and optimism.
Qualifications and Affiliations:
- MSc Occupational Psychology (Distinction) University of Hertfordshire, 2006
- BSc (Hons) Psychology (2:1) University of Northumbria, 1999
- BPS Level A & B (Intermediate) : Personality (Hogan, Orpheus, Intrinsic, Dimensions) and Ability (Elements, Watson-Glaser CTA, RANRA, Verify)
- Schroder HPMC Framework - Accredited, 2007.
- Member of CIPD and BPS
- Design of training (including train the trainer) and communication/inspiring events, assessment and development centre exercises, employee engagement surveys, 360 feedback questionnaires
- Facilitation & listening skills; strong critical thinking skills; inclusive and cooperative; decisive and a 'shaper'
- Coaching: Utilise coaching skills to help others address new challenges and issues
- Research and Analysis: design and analysis (quantitative and qualitative) of engagement/employee and 360 feedback surveys; focus groups and interviewing for job profiling, training needs analysis, and understanding an organisation
- Consultancy: Drawing on research to make recommendations and give advice to individuals and organisations
- Competency & Behavioural Frameworks: experienced in the development of frameworks; accredited in the Schroder High Performance Managerial Competency framework (and accreditation of others to use this framework)
- Assessment and Development: experienced assessor in both assessment and development centres; expert in Behavioural Event Interviewing; facilitates behavioural development through feedback and coaching